Business Development Rep
The Business Development Rep will be the primary sales hunter for the company working closely with the President. You will be responsible for qualifying leads, setting sales appointments, gathering client requirements, developing solutions into written proposals and presenting solutions and quotes. The ultimate responsibility will be to convert Opportunities into new business.
This position will focus primarily on our managed services and cloud computing solutions. Additional sales opportunities include hardware and software sales. The Business Development Rep responsibilities include cold calling, prospecting, opportunity identification and qualification, customer relationship management, and direct sales to senior-level client executives. The Business Development Rep will be responsible for setting sales appointments, gathering client requirements, developing solutions into written proposal and presenting solutions and quotes.
This is not a technical position but an understanding of the concepts of our services and the value they provide to our client base is imperative. The Business Development Rep must have a working knowledge of computer technology in a business setting, be a good listener, be very organized, work efficiently and keep management well informed. All contacts, opportunities and activities must be promptly documented in our CRM system (Connectwise).
A successful Business Development Rep will participate in all aspects of the sales and marketing process and will be a big contributor toward the successful growth of the company.
This is a full time position that is paid a salary plus sales commissions. Additional benefits include paid holidays and vacation.
Essential Job Functions:
Employees with this title are held accountable for the following job functions. Performance levels on these functions are assessed in the annual performance appraisal process.
- Successfully sell company technology services and products to SMB clients (25 – 100 employees).
- Maintain all contacts, appointments and opportunities in the company Connectwise CRM system.
- Uncover prospects technology pain points and map solutions to achieve their business goals.
- Generate a pipeline of prospects, cultivate and manage through the company sales cycle.
- Consistently meet sales activities, pipeline and closing goals.
- Consistently and on-time provide accurate sales reports.
- Research hardware and software pricing and provide purchase information and quotes to support staff and clients.
- Communicate effectively and at appropriate times with all levels of internal staff and client personnel.
- Look for and develop methods that drive efficiency in our internal sales procedures.
- Develop/document internal sales processes and procedures.
- Commute to within the Miami area to attend sales and networking meetings.
- Actively pursue learning new technology and developing new skills by developing a training plan and consistently making progress toward your training objectives.
- Perform other related responsibilities as determined by management.
Company Core Competencies:
Employees are expected to perform in a manner that is polished and that demonstrates a professional attitude and eagerness to help themselves and NetLogix thrive.
Be A Role Model
- You exemplify company core values as stated in the NetLogix Handbook: Integrity, Competency, Family, Timeliness, Respect, and Have Fun.
- You strive to be a valued performer and contributor and a positive model of professionalism.
Alignment to Company Goals
- You are committed to the company’s mission, vision, values and goals.
- You understand the company goals and prioritizes activities and make decisions in alignment with them.
- You provide efficient, timely and reliable support services required by clients to support their workstations, servers and networks.
- You listen well to client’s needs and respond to them in a way that is meaningful to them.
- You effectively prioritize multiple schedules and resources congruently.
- You work efficiently without sacrificing work quality.
- You effectively manage your calendar and time to meet all deadlines and appointments and maximize the time available in your day.
- You apply knowledge and skills to innovate in accomplishing company and client objectives and solving problems.
- You effectively interact with your team members and you share your knowledge and ideas with them in a generous and professional attitude.
- You pitch in as necessary to meet the demands of the work and you appropriately ask for help from your team members.
- You are effective in communicating with customers and all levels of the organizations in all formats, written and verbal.
Motivation & Commitment
- You demonstrate an attitude that is motivated toward the company goals.
- You willingly accept assignments and take the timely and necessary actions to accomplish them.
Standards of Excellence
- You set high standards of excellence for yourself and you strive to meet those standards.
- Your work is accurate, complete and demonstrates a level of professionalism that you and your team mates are proud of and reflects positively of the company.
Ambition to Learn
- You consistently establish and pursue training objectives that support your career goals and the company’s goals.
Need for Supervision
- Your work habits and results are such that you required only moderate supervision
Education and Work Experience
- Have Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Be very organized.
- Work efficiently and meet fixed deadlines.
- Be very reliable.
- Have a solid working knowledge of computer technology in a business environment.
- Have very strong Microsoft Office skills.
- A minimum of two years of successful sales experience selling technology consulting, managed services, or network services to SMB clients.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to translate complex technical concepts into business terms.
- Follow up with clients throughout and after the onboarding process to resolve issues and insure success. Maintain ConnectWise Opportunities throughout the sales process and track their status and results.
- Have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Have a strong working knowledge of computer technology in a business environment.
- Have very strong Microsoft Word and Excel skills.
- Have Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
Have successfully completed at least one MCP level certification.
Have an associate’s degree in a related field or equivalent education/experience
Position requires the following physical activity:
- Sitting, standing, walking, typing, lifting and/or carrying up to 50 lbs., crouching, bending, kneeling, reaching, stretching.
- Work environment will usually be standard office settings. At times, you may be required to enter industrial or home office settings.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.